- Listening to the CRAZY mine owner go off and put Fox news, AP and CNN on notice.
- Josh realizing the first day at the pool that Sarah-Grace didn't know what the ice cream truck was. Them then running at the speed of light to catch it. Apparently Sarah-Grace wiped out during their sprint but never lost sight of her target because she still beat Josh to the truck. Josh "berating" me when I got home for keeping this knowledge from her for so long.
- Josh & Tad trying to "hide" the fact that they got jellyfish stings.
- Sarah-Grace getting her first jellyfish sting. Tad & Josh were glad I wasn't there. Josh said she screamed for about 3 minutes. He said he was serious, hysterically laughing, then serious, then laughing again during the incident. They formally created the "Jellyfish Club". Only people who have been stung can be members, this wouldn't include Charlotte, Anna or myself.
- Two days later Charlotte joined the Jellyfish club. She "took a hit" as Tad & Josh would say, on the hand. They are convinced it was just a tentacle floating in the ocean. She whined for a minute and then was off.
- Somehow every seafood restaurant we ate at was on the beach or water and had no air conditioning. Did I mention it was the hottest week of the year.
- We decided we will never eat at The Back Porch again, it was horrible. We weren't real happy at Pompano Joe's, but our server was sweet.
- Josh decided he will now just rotate between Dewey Destin's and Graffiti when visiting Destin. Watching Tad & Josh eat at Dewey Destin's was worth the heat. Between the 2 of them they ate 1 lb of boiled shrimp, 1 lb of crab and a fried shrimp dinner. There was spit, bits of crab, sweat and more flying everywhere. And you should hear the 2 of them talk about the bacon on their pizza at Graffiti. I never knew bacon could be so perfectly made. Hearing Josh rave about food is hysterical, he is so animated. But I will say I experienced a little kavod at Graffiti.
- Anna still has the plastic on her phone and Josh went 6 days before charging. "Um, what you say..."
- Anna & I blog stalking. Tad & Josh making fun of us for it.
- Anna and I just knowing that we could catch those fish with a bucket and a sandcastle mold. We were determined - I still think we could have done it. We ain't afraid.
- Bad Ass Coffee being out of whatever we were there for every time we went.
- Anna and I discovered just because a place says it has bagels and coffee doesn't mean it can't really be an ice cream shop.
- "Um, what you", Um, what you", Um, what you say..."
- Redneck, or dare I say pathetic, weddings.
- The girls & I discovered Mika. And just so I acknowledge Josh, the master of all music, HE's been listening to Mika since January.
- Anna and I dancing around like maniacs to Grace Kelly and Big Girls You are Beautiful.
- Kirk Cameron, funnier that ANY stand up comic on Comedy Central, only he's dead serious people.
- Tad & Sarah-Grace fishing on the pier and some super smart dolphin eating people's catches off their lines!!
- Anna hiking almost 1 mile one way (so almost 2 once she walked all the way back to the beach) for a net that she knew was probably not the right one for fishing but she was following the boys' instructions. This is why I love this girl.
- Anna has been to the beach probably almost every year of her life. She never noticed the tiny clams on the beach. She discovered them with the girls - it was so cute!
- Apparently I threw a hissy fit because Tad didn't bring towels down to the beach - I wasn't aware of this but it was unanimously confirmed. Don't even get me started on lunch or sandwiches I didn't ask for.
- Anna remembering her grandma.
- Seriously, is EVERYONE we know pregnant?!
- Tad teaching us Tonk. Anna & Tad spanking the tar out of Josh and I at the game.
- Night swimming.
- The bird call Josh made every morning to let us know they were up.
- Sarah-Grace having to be beside Anna & Josh at ALL times.
- Hearing Josh talk about going to a surf shop to buy some flip flops all day. Going to the surf shop, Josh actually injuring himself on a pair of board shorts he was trying on (who does this??), finding the flip flops in his size on sale, Josh buying the flip flops, raving about them in the car the first 5 minutes after he bought them (they are eco friendly you know) then 10 minutes after he had them on complaining they hurt his feet. You have to love him.
- "I still can't believe only 7 people died." Now it's up to 9 thank you very much - I knew it couldn't only be 7!! And thank goodness it wasn't 7, because then Garth Brooks would have been involved.
- Anna & Josh's laugh when they remembered a girl's outfit from 2 years ago. It's funny enough that Josh actually remembered the outfit, but his giggle was priceless.
- Josh's giggle when he and Tad watched Charlotte mimic putting on deodorant.
- Josh & awkward situations.
- Josh hates being around local bar scenes, no wait he loves them, or rather watching them.
- We finally went to What-A-Burger.
- Learning Josh likes to harmonize when he sings. Who knew?
- Playing the "most pathetic" game. I still don't believe a mixed tape isn't floating around out there with Tad's name on it!
- Charlotte freaking out that we were leaving Anna at a gas station in Alabama.
My online journal of adventures in motherhood, marriage, friendship and life.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Beach Trip 2007
We did it! We squeezed in a beach trip this summer and I must say I am so glad we did because it was so worth it. Me, Tad, the girls, Josh & Anna all went to Destin. Tad got home around 10pm last Monday night and we got up and left Tuesday morning at 6am. We came home Sunday night just in time for Tad to pack and leave for the airport to catch a flight to Boston at 10:50pm and me to get the girls dinner and off to bed on their first "back to school" night! I posted some highlights below of things to remember. I'll post pictures once I get them uploaded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you missed a couple of things.
the bleeding of the hand while eating the crab.
the fact that i got 150+ hours of cell phone charge despite roaming for a good bit.
and the last one was the best. her face was freaked out.
I just laughed hysterically through this whole post. I can't imagine a more fun beach trip I've ever had. So many things made it the best ever. I would have paid good money to see Charlotte freak out at the gas station.
Love you guys.
Post a Comment