Sunday, October 07, 2007

Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride...

So, my team let me down yesterday - it hurt I'll admit it. But, NOTHING is going to keep me down when I awoke this morning to check ESPN and see that Florida lost (there may be hope yet) but MOST importantly USC LOST at HOME!!!!!!! OK, I know that I hold an unusual hatred toward Pete Carol, but I do. I'm not sure when it started or why, maybe 3 years ago. I just got so sick of waiting up Saturday nights to watch College Gameday Final only to see 1/2 of it be devoted to worshiping USC when they had played oh I don't know, yet ANOTHER team that hadn't been ranked in the top 25 anytime in the past decade. I mean give any mediocre team a schedule like that and they will dominate. A team develops character and real strength when they have to battle every week with a formidable, RANKED opponent and then get back up from that game and the very next Saturday do it again even if they are still tired, still injured, still hurting.

And then to watch Pete Carol all these years, THE most cockiest coach I have ever seen. And seriously, (yes I'm gonna say it) I swear he and Matt Leinart had a thing. I mean their interviews were just sickening!! "Oh, Matt is just the best", "No, no coach Pete is just the best", "No, no Matt you are REALLY the best". I mean seriously! The game last night was awesome! The fans were silenced!! How wonderful! No NOTHING is going to get me down today!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love you. i love that you believe so strongly in things like matt leinhart and pete having a "thing." you are the best.