SO I've been participating in the Biggest Loser at the school. The pot is up to $1300 (I think that was the new total) and it will go to whoever loses the biggest percentage when we weigh in on the final day of competition in May. My goal is to get down to my fighting weight in college (OK, so that might be a little ambitious), I would be happy with my weight before I had Sarah-Grace - or even my weight 3 months into my pregnancy with Sarah-Grace!! Time will tell, in any case I am going to start blogging about this since I think will help keep me accountable. SO far I've lost 4.91% (and yes it was neccesaary for me to add the 1 at the end because I earned it)!
This week was the first week I started going to the gym. I actually "ran" a mile on the elliptical in 8 minutes yesterday. I know for many of you veterans this does count - but hey, this is the only time I've ever even RAN a mile - let alone in 8 minutes. I think this was the only time I ever ran for more than 2 minutes when I wasn't working and in a mad frenzy to get some where. Granted I thought I was going to throw up and pass out when I was done. In total I ran 4.25 miles in 38.33 minutes yesterday. I couldn't move last night. Literally my "back fat" as I like to call it (some people call them rear love handles) is still aching today. I don't exactly know how when I run I worked out the fat in my back (I say fat because I don't believe there are muscles back there) so either I'm doing something wrong and running like Napoleon Dynamite on the elliptical or this is normal when running. Either way I'm not too fond of my back fat and I think pain means it might being getting whipped into shape!! Walking was extremely painful - especially after I had been sitting for a while last night. Watching me walk must be a sight and Tad was generous enough not to comment on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment