Things I remember from this July 4th Weekend...
- The fact that Kelly and Tad "broke the tap" at the lake over Memorial Day weekend - so July 4th was fair game.
- Tommy asking for his own glass of Sangria.
- Kristi going to buy boiled peanuts for everyone and me swearing I smelled chocolate SOMEWHERE. Then us getting back to the boat and realizing Elliott already bought boiled peanuts.
- Charlotte eating an entire bag of boiled peanuts on the boat - with Aunt Karen and Kim feeding them to her.
- Charlotte eating the ENTIRE weekend, unless she was sleeping.
- Tevon asking if Rick could make him "bald" too.
- Us lugging the kids out to see the Raysville fireworks and them constantly asking us if we can get closer, then Kelly saying "its the sky - you can't get any closer in a boat".
- Sitting on the boat and someone asking where's Tevin while we were suppose to be watching him. Tevin then climbing onto someone else's boat.
- Rick thinking I'm staring at him putting on sunscreen. Rick then giving me something to stare at while putting on sunscreen.
- Kelly describing how she likes her bacon!
- Charlotte's pigtails.
- Kim coloring by herself, then showing Sarah-Grace the right way to color. Rick & I coloring together.
- Rick wearing his "Old Army" shirt at the same time Tad wore his "Where My Peeps At" shirt. Tad's disappointment when he realized Rick wasn't actually wearing his out in public.
- Rick & Tad taking Tori, Devon, Marrisa and Sarah-Grace to the movies to see Superman.
- Sarah-Grace being so fascinated with Superman she cut in line at the bathroom not to miss any parts of the movie (I think more than once). Then, her impression of Superman flying right, left, slow, fast and with Louise Lane.
- Kelly, Kristi and I spending $30 combined on candy at the gas station.
- Sitting down to watch a movie we had talked about all day and it dawning on Connie the DVD player wasn't hooked up. Kristi and I FINALLY hooking up the DVD player.
- Devon being FASCINATED with fishing - especially with bait. Rick actually learining that I do know how to catch a catfish (with hotdogs or chicken livers).
- Kelly's face when she saw a stray dog take Devon's hotdog he planned to use as fish bait.
- Floating in the water and Cabanana Tad.
- Tad not letting Kristi throw away hot beer.
- Kristi finding "booty" music all weekend and turning it up.
- Kristi recounting how she was always made to eat spaghetti while the other Thompson girls ate noodles and cheese. And how if she finished her drink before she finished her meal she wasn't allowed more drink. She stills carries these atrocities to this day. We still don't understand those rules.
- Us realizing why the Little River Marina fireworks were 29 minutes long (because when you put one firework off every 30 seconds it can last up to 29 minutes).
- Learning that Rick loves him some flashlights.
- The fact that when Connie first started going to Starbucks she had to use a piece of paper where I wrote down what to order (this was prior to her once-a-day addiction). I don't know why but I think that is just so cute she carried it around!
- Connie making a detour for Starbucks on a trip to Lowes (I LOVE HER).
- Tommy saying he didn't think selling boats is a good career because who would buy boats around the LAKE.
- Using buckets of water to fill up the washing machine so it wouldn't take an hour and a half to wash one load of laundry.
- Sarah-Grace calling Rick daddy - more than once.
- Just before we left, Tommy asking us to write down the sangria recipe - the look on David's face when he realized we had sangria the whole weekend and he didn't get any.
2 comments:
um, you spelled your daughters name wrong!
You wrote:
Chalrlotte eating the ENTIRE weekend, unless she was sleeping
Just had to point that out!
found a pretty cool potty training link for charlotte if you're interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-UJXCw6vyk
Post a Comment