Monday, January 14, 2008

Working on a Heart of Gratefulness

My life is CRAZY right now. Can I say I wouldn't recommend serving on the board of the school's PTA, chairing the room mom committee, being a liaison for 4 other committees AND running a lunch program? I am insane. I did it to myself and right now the only valuable lesson I've learned is that at least I am making these mistakes early in the girls' lives so hopefully they won't remember too much of this. I hope, I pray. I keep telling myself (and Tad) that even though I'm technically working 40 hours a week for free, I at least have current work experience just in case I choose to go back to work anytime soon. I do think the girls, especially Sarah-Grace, find comfort in the fact that I'm pretty much at the school or involved in almost every aspect of the school everyday. At church on Sunday we were asked to try and pursue a heart of gratefulness each day by writing down 10 things (small or big) that we are thankful for that day. So even though I cringe every morning when my alarm goes off and my stomach aches when I look at my calendar I choose to have a heart of gratefulness today. Today I am thankful for…
1. A husband and 2 precious little girls.
2. A calendar that is full of activities.
3. The opportunity to serve at my children’s school, to be involved and have a voice for my children’s needs.
4. Being able to stop by and watch my girls in class. Sarah-Grace usually invested in some detailed math problem and Charlotte eating snack for the 3rd time that day!!
5. The benefit of forgetting snack the second week in a row and no one really saying anything to me because they are too worried I might snap.
6. A mother-in-law who calls out of the blue because she misses seeing her grandchildren since last week and wants to know if she can pick them up any day or if I need to drop them off to run some errands. A mom who is willing to drive Sarah-Grace home everyday so Charlotte can get a good long nap (even though today she was at JeJe’s house).
7. Cousins who call or write an e-mail out of the blue with encouraging words for no reason – just because.
8. The fact that as of this very moment I only have 3 loads of laundry to get “caught up”.
9. Friends to pray for over days, and months and years.
10. Answered prayers, especially for those expecting little miracles of their own!

No comments: