So, as if still feeling nauseous at 13 weeks isn't punishment enough - I was up all last night with a sore throat. Don't you just love talking to me lately? I'm so uplifting aren't I? I went to the Minute Clinic at CVS (which by the way is the most incredible invention EVER - I was in and out in 15 minutes including a STREP test) just to find out that I don't have STREP, just a cold that I can't really take anything for. UGH!!
Last week was good. My fabulous friends threw me a small b-day party at our weekly Project Runway get together and it was wonderful (the food, the talk, the gifts, the company - oh and the show)!! Then we hosted a surprise graduation party for Elliott on Friday night that was a success. Again, I freaked out 10 minutes before the party that I didn't have enough food - but HA! David had to haul back a trunk full of the leftovers. I did make Pioneer Woman's Marlboro Man sandwiches and everyone liked them. They were really easy and VERY economical, only next time I think I will add cheese. We hung out with family for the rest of the weekend and so that was nice.
Tonight I am missing the fair for the 1st time since Sarah-Grace was born. I rested all day and made chicken noodle soup in hopes I would have the energy to go, but I still feel like crud so I thought it best to stay home. We take the girls every year in honor of my Pappy who would haul my sister and I around the state of PA to see any fair that came within a 2 hour radius. My girls never got to meet him because he died a couple of weeks before Sarah-Grace was born, but he was the only good man in my life growing up. So, Tad took the girls tonight to honor our tradition and my Pappy. Here is a picture he sent me of the girls with Tracee - the only ride I dare to ever go on at the fair...(He had to take it with his phone because he couldn't take the camera and ride the rides with the girls.)
No comments:
Post a Comment