I just wanted to write a post of Sarah-Grace's sweet, generous spirit. Last week her teacher's must have been talking to the children and "teasing" them about all their candy from Halloween because on Wednesday she came home saying that neither of her teacher's had candy since grown ups can't trick or treat. She really empathized with them and was concerned about this. So Thursday morning after her breakfast as I was getting ready I noticed she was busy running around the kitchen. I asked her what she was doing and she explained she was making goody bags for her teachers. I didn't say anything I just watched her. She carefully chose all the best chocolate candy bars from her bucket and then found 2 matching spider rings (one from her bucket and one from Charlotte's) and placed them in 2 baggies. She asked if it was OK that she gave Charlotte's ring away since Charlotte probably wouldn't wear it and I said that was fine. I just thought this was so sweet and generous of her. It was completley unprompted by anyone but herself.
Then today we were at the mall in the play area (which was INSANE by the way since there was no school). Sarah-Grace gasped when she saw that every single book in the book area had been thrown on the floor. She played for a few minutes then ran over and started recruiting other children to help put the books back on the shelf. They got about half way done before they lost interest (including Sarah-Grace) and then they all ran off playing another game. About 10 minutes later the cleaning lady from the mall came in and began picking up the books. Sarah-Grace noticed this woman and quietly came up behind her and began picking up books and putting them on the shelf behind the woman. My heart just swelled. There is no other charater trait that I would rather my children exhibit or possess than generosity. Not only did she notice this woman and begin helping her - she didn't do it to get attention (which if you have a four year old that's also an older sibling this is QUITE common). I love Sarah-Grace's nuturing spirit and her compassion and I love the way she empathizes with everyone around her. Her teachers noticed this was she was one and it still never ceases to amaze me. I just wanted to write these little random acts of kindness to remember them.
1 comment:
That was very thoughtful of Sarah Grace to share her candy and to help another out but it is not surprising since you Kimberly are one of the most generous people I know. She has a wonderful example to learn from and will in turn teach her children the same traits. What a heritage to pass down!
Post a Comment