Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Brag Blog 2-23-07

Attention!! This is a shameless "brag blog" to document the little accomplishments my babies have made lately. SO, if you don't want to hear about them, then don't read any further. I don't want to be obnoxious about my kids, but part of the reason for this blog is to have an online journal of my memories and the girls' milestones. Here are a few updates:
  • Sarah-Grace read 3 books this week and for the first time actually seemed to be comprehending the story and not just reading the words. She also kicks butt at the bank game (this is advanced math work in the montessori class)!
  • Charlotte started repeating her prayers and scripture this week. It is so sweet. She even had her baby doll kneeling, putting her hands together and telling the doll to pray with her.
  • We had parent teacher conferences today. They showed us a picture that Sarah-Grace drew of us this week and she wrote the sentence "Trampoline How Long Will It Stay Up" on the bottom of the page. The teachers told us how sorry they were that we may not be able to keep it. This is the first time that we knew Sarah-Grace knew anything about it!!
  • Charlotte keeps saying Uncle Jesse every time she sees Full House or just thinks about it. I think Sarah-Grace has had Full House on the TV so much Charlotte actually thinks he will come if she calls him enough.
  • Ms. Joan's been teaching the children about dinosaurs at school. As usual she makes up a song to help them remember what she's teaching them. She sent a paper home and I figured I would just see if Charlotte could recognize the song. Um, yeah she now knows 4 dinosaur names and what their traits are. I don't know why I think that is so cool. Ms. Joan's the best!!
  • Sarah-Grace actually asked to come in from the playground today and help the teacher's clean the shelves and equipment in the classroom instead of playing anymore outside. No wonder they absolutely adore her at school!!

No comments: