Not much to report today. We really didn't do much over the weekend. We did hang some pictures and replace the fan that fell in the keeping room. Yes, that's right it fell right off the pole last week at 10pm. It would have killed or seriously injured our children had it fell on one of them, but we are just thanking the Lord that it didn't. And now it's gone and a much lighter and securer one is in it's place.
I was dropping the girls off at school this morning when I realized Charlotte's eye was pink. SO we ran out of the school and to the doctor's office where we sat and waited and waited and waited for them to tell me she had pink eye. Every mother knows you NEVER go to the doctor on a Monday morning unless it is absolutely necessary, and unfortunately pink eye is absolutely necessary. At least our doctor had mercy on me and not only wrote one prescription but a refill just in case this nasty junk comes back in Charlotte's eye or if one of us happens to wake up in the next few days with it. God bless that woman!! Then we had to pick Sarah-Grace up from school and lug everyone to the grocery store to get the prescription filled. FUN. It was lots of FUN. Charlotte has never had eye drops before so her first dose went really well. - mainly because she had no idea what was happening. Of course she got wise to the eye drop bottle and her second dose involved screaming and being held down. Fun, it's really fun.
Sarah-Grace helped me make dinner and fold laundry (she LOVES to fold towels - and I love that about her). We made my grandma's easy mac & cheese, pork chops and green beans. I'm always recommending this recipe for "during the week meals" so I thought I would blog it and share it with all of you. If you make it please write me and tell me what you think! Thanks grandma Grace Wills!!
Easy Mac & Cheese
2 cups UNCOOKED elbow macaroni noodles
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 cups milk (I use 2% but my grandma uses whole milk)
(my grandma adds 1 tsp dried minced garlic but I don't)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put UNCOOKED macaroni, salt, pepper and 2 cups of cheese in a casserole dish. Mix with a spoon. Pour milk over the cheese/noodle mixture. Bake for 1 hour total. I usually check on it after 45 minutes and mix it around with a spoon then put the last 1/2 cup of cheese over the top. It's SO easy and only 1 dirty dish when it's done!!
1 comment:
awww..I hope charlotte feels better soon!
Post a Comment