Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Down the Drain

SO, I totally forgot to write the most interesting thing about the past 2 weeks in my last blog. I was consumed with duties and details last week leading up to the auction. Myself along with the PTO board worked non-stop. I had about 4 hours sleep Thursday through Saturday night. Thursday was so nuts, Tad was gone, I had more shopping to do for last minute details, I baked 130 cakes that day and made the mousse filling, then I had to get 14 dozen roses for the centerpieces I had to make. Friday morning I was exhausted from the day before plus no sleep. I had to be at the 1818 club again first thing in the morning to put out a fire, then more shopping, then off to the school to make 15 centerpieces, deliver the centerpieces, fabric and candles to the club later that evening. I was doing SO great on time. All I had to do was unload my car (the centerpieces, fabric, risers, candles, etc.) then I would be off to the house to finish filling the cakes and then start glazing them - with the schedule I had stuck to I would be home around 8pm and in bed by 11pm.

The auction chair, Debbie, came with me to unload and drop off. We made a quick pit stop to the bathroom. She had been on the phone ALL day and was talking to her friend while she was waiting on me. When I went to stand up and, pardon my "graphic-ness" here, pull up my pants when I felt something fall out of my jeans pocket. What may have dropped out you ask? Well, that would be my car keys. Any where did they drop you may ask? Well, that would be in the TOILET AS IT WAS FLUSHING!!! Yes, that's right I flushed my car keys (9 keys, keyless entry, gym card, Kroger card, Publix card all attached) DOWN THE TOILET!! And apparently the 1818 club has the most powerful toilets in the world because it didn't even hesitate. It didn't clog, didn't back up, just flushed them straight out to sea - with Nemo I suppose.

I was panicked and mortified. I had to interrupt Debbie to use her phone and call Tad - which was oh so fun. He had to come bring me the back up set we have - thank the good Lord. Then I had the oh so fun task of walking out to the main desk. Now, the 1818 club is a members only club for many distinguished people in gwinnett county. They have an incredible seafood buffet on Friday nights so it's usually packed. I had to walk out among these people and explain to the front desk lady that I just flushed my keys down the toilet. Of course she couldn't hear me because of all the people around (and I was trying to whisper) - she said 'YOU DID WHAT?" so loudly everyone had to turn around. I just wanted to die.

SO, I waited on Tad, set up every table while I waited, didn't get home until 10pm and didn't get to bed until 2am. Tad refused to let me hold my keys when he came to pick me up. He walked me to the car and put them into the ingnition for me. It's going to be a long time before I live this one down.

No comments: