Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Shin Splints for Infants 2008




Hi everyone! I am participating in a March for Babies event on April 26th that raises funds for March of Dimes. If you aren't familiar with March of Dimes it is an organization that funds research and development to understand and prevent prematurity, birth defects and infant mortality. This event and organization is very near and dear to my heart because of our experience with Charlotte and also because of the experiences my friends and family members have had with complications and prematurity.

I am hoping you will help support me in whatever way you feel moved, either through a donation, by joining our team (Shin Splints for Infants) and walking with us or through your thoughts & prayers. If you would like to donate please know donations don't have to be large to make a difference. Tad and I have started a "Dime Bank" where we are emptying any change (especially dimes) we have at the end of each day into the bank. Sarah-Grace and Charlotte are collecting their dimes as well.

I have a personal web page that you can visit to read more about the event, why I am participating and where you can choose to make a donation if you feel moved to do so. You can visit this web page by clicking on the following link: http://www.marchforbabies.org/kgraces
I know so many of you have been affected by prematurity. If you would like to join our team please visit the following website and click on the 'Join this team' link at the top:
http://www.marchforbabies.org/498855

I appreciate each and every one of you, your thoughts and prayers for us and for Charlotte where overwhelming and that experience was life changing for us. Thank you for your love, your support, your friendships and God bless you all!

Kimberly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

last year when ya'll did this, i came by your house about that time. sarah grace was collecting her change and i had told her to remind me to get my change out of my car before i left. i had COMPLETELY forgotten about it. and as i am walking to my car she yells from the front door, "ummm what about the dimes you said you would give me?!" i love how giving she is. it made me feel about 2 feet tall that i had forgotten about it, but i had told her to make sure she reminded me and she was just doing what she was told. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll be walking with you this year! The shirt still melts my heart when I see it and I'll be honored to wear it in the walk.