I don't know what I've started but the girls are now becoming "house hermits" too! I gave them the choice the past two nights of going to Zaxby's or eating whatever I could scrounge up from the fridge & pantry and without any hesitation they screamed 'STAY AT HOME". So, tonight I just happened to have found this recipe for Waffle House waffles and so we whipped them up with eggs, bacon and oranges. They really liked them. They don't taste exactly like Waffle House but they are the closest I have ever made. (It may be that they don't taste exactly the same because we use 100% maple syrup here and they don't at Waffle House.)
Waffle House Waffles
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar - Yeah, no wonder they are so good!
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl. Add the sugar,butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the half & half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture while beating. Mix until smooth.
4. Cover and chill at LEAST 15-20 minutes. Waffle House actually refrigerates overnight!
5. Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on a waffle iron. Preheat the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
No comments:
Post a Comment