OK, I had to say that. I've always wanted to - ever since a co-worker at my last job used that as the title of the e-mail he sent to our ENTIRE division informing us that he had a paternity test done on his "one night stand" and was now a father! I don't make this stuff up. Again, my time spent at this last job is why I find The Office so hysterically funny and sadly, so realistic!
Anywho, so the first line of DNA results came in (otherwise known as the FISH test) from my amnio done on Monday and it is definitely a BOY and he has perfectly normal 13th, 18th and 21st chromosomes (which means he does NOT have downs or any of the other two scary syndromes that is caused by trisomies of these chromosomes). See Tad, I am paying attention when you are trying to educate me on my "MINOR" in genetics!
In about 8 days we will get the second line of results in (testing for what I'm not sure and I don't think I want to know) I just vaguely remember Tad explaining they have to grow or reproduce the chromosomes or look at the genes, I'm not sure. Again, I'm still working on my genetics degree and Tad didn't have his white board when going over this.
And then in about 3 weeks (hopefully) we will have the results from the Mayo Clinic for the BWS test. This takes the longest because they have to do "a lot of crap" to distinguish my "junk" from the baby's and then look at the methylation - don't even get me started on explaining this! So, we wait and wait and Tad grows impatient because I don't follow along so easily when he going over methylation for the 1,000th time.
Next week I start my progesterone shots that I have to have every week until I'm 36 weeks along. This is to try and ensure the sucker stays in there as long as possible. When getting my second opinion today from my midwife she said "They are a pain in the butt (literally, sorry about the pun) but you NEED them". And that's the update so far...thanks for stoppping by!
2 comments:
Love your sense of humor! I am so happy everything looks GREAT! I knew it would. I am looking forward to meeting my new little cousin in the coming months!
Seriously! Could our husbands be any more alike, and yet totally different at the same time? Josh FREQUENTLY gets out our white board to explain things to me that he thinks are just "so simple."
Post a Comment