I know I complain a lot lately (and I'm sorry for that) so I feel I need to write about somethings I am thankful for - so here's my list:
- I'm thankful for my little girls who I still find I am falling in love with everyday.
- I'm thankful for my friends who make me oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with sucranat, spelt flour and buckwheat and they are delicious!
- I'm excited that I get to learn what sucranat and spelt flour are and how to use them.
- I'm thankful for Wednesday nights when I get to have 4 hours of interrupted conversations, interrupted TV and amazing meals like wheat biscuits with black bean patties, fried eggs, tostadas and incredible tomatilla salsa or chicken scallopini with wheat noodles that I literally dreamed about for days.
- I'm thankful I learned what thrush is before I ever had a chance to contract it and that it can cause a very necessary body part to fall off if you are nursing your baby!!
- I'm thankful I have neighbors who care about our community and who I get to volunteer with this weekend!
- I'm thankful for this blueberry muffin recipe because after serious judging last night it has the stamp of approval for being one of the BEST blueberry muffin recipes EVER. Seriously, Tad doesn't like blueberry muffins, never has, but after hearing his family rave over these he got sick of it and finally tried one. Needless to say he now not only eats them but likes them!
Best Blueberry Muffins (adapted from Ina Garten's recipe)
1 1/2 sticks butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs (room temperature)
1 cup sour cream (room temperature)
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp PURE vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 can Blueberries drained and rinsed (you can use fresh but the canned are so much softer and my kids will eat them this way)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins. Sift dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda) together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated into butter and sugar. Then add sour cream, milk and vanilla. Scrape down the bowl and slowly add the sifted dry ingredients to the batter. Gently fold blueberries into the batter. Using an ice cream scoop (so the muffins are all uniform size) scoop the batter into the lined muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes - until cake tester or toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Try not to eat more than one - just try!!
No comments:
Post a Comment