Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Charlotte's First Day of Pre-Primary

Hi Everyone! I know its been over a week since I've blogged - but I put myself on "blog restriction" last week until I finished the "We Speak Your Name" poem for Ms. Kathy's Cancer Benefit. I finally finished it on Sunday and then was too tired to blog. I know I said I would post it, but its super long and I'm not sure Ms. Kathy wants these ladies names to be on the internet. So, if she gives it the OK then I post it.

Yesterday was Charlotte's first day of school (Sarah-Grace started last week and that's another story) and my anniversary so I pretty much was gone the entire day!! For most moms and their 18 month old children the first day of school is very tramatic. Not Charlotte, nope, she just ran right into class and started "working". I'm afraid she is still in her "seek and destroy" mode, but at least now she actually takes a few seconds to try and figure the "work" (be it a puzzle or another manipulative) out before she tries to move onto something else. She is good though about picking up and putting back her "work" when prompted. But there were no tears, no fits, no screaming for her mommy. Now today there was some crying, there was some reaching her little arms out - but it wasn't when I dropped her off. No, it was when I picked her up and the person she was reaching for was Ms. Joan - her TEACHER!! That's right, me she has no problem leaving, its the thought of leaving the classroom and her teacher that reduces her to tears. I'm doing some job nuturing this child!

Anyway, below are some pictures of the first day of school. Aren't my babies precious!!


Charlotte eating her Mickey Mouse waffle I made her (thanks mom for the mickey waffle iron).

Charlotte making her new "photo" smile. She decided today would be a good day to start trying this out...great. She's actually saying cheese when she smiles like this.

Sarah-Grace eating her mickey mouse waffle.

The girls dressed, fed and ready to go to school.

The girls in the car ready to leave for school. Charlotte again sporting her new photo smile.

Mom and Charlotte in the kitchen after school.

The girls on a bench outside the school. Charlotte still likes this smile 4 hours later - you can tell she's saying cheese in this one.

The girls after Charlotte's first day - they had lots of fun on the playground (you can tell by their sweaty hair and beat red faces).

No comments: