Friday the girls left for Waycross with David & Jeannie to wish BeBe & Aunt Vicky happy birthday. So Tad and I were all to ourselves the entire weekend. Rick & Kelly got into town on Friday night. They came because we were all going to the 311 concert on Saturday night. That's right I attended my first real rock concert before I turned 30 - just barely. As usual we had a BLAST. Below are the highlights from Friday night, Saturday up until the concert and some of today. There was just too much to blog and the concert needs its own entry - I think the walk through the parking lot deserves its own entry - but that's for another day.
- Rick giving us a 311 "preview" on Friday night by forcing us to watch the 311 DVD - a 6 hour concert they put on in New Orleans because New Orleans loves 311 and declared March 11 "311 Day" and so out of appreciation 311 puts on a concert there every year on March 11th. (See Rick I was paying attention.)
- Tad & Rick's frustration that I had NO idea who 311 is and recognized only 1 of their songs (and that's only because it was a cover song from the Cure (who again I didn't know) and a song that was in 50 First Dates (which I loved)).
- Kelly being really ticked off that 2 states away when they stopped at a Taco Bell the girl wouldn't put Kelly's diet pepsi in a smaller cup - even when she said she would pay for the large size she just didn't want the half gallon they give you.
- Rick constantly asking me a question and then completely turning around and talking to Tad.
- There being an echo everywhere we went (it seemed to follow us from Hilton Head).
- Rick saying "311 Baby" every 10 minutes from Friday night when the DVD was turned on until Sunday morning around 12:30am when we finally went to bed.
- Rick having ADHD whenever there is music on. It's like he must yell out the song title and artist after the first 3 bars of a song plays. Then he likes to taunt whoever is paying attention about how he knows this information by stating exactly how old he was, the grade he was in, and what he was doing when he first heard the song. He catalogs all of this in his head.
- Rick snoring so loud Kelly had to sleep in Sarah-Grace's bed Friday night. Rick not even noticing Kelly didn't sleep with him.
- Kelly and I having to go over instructions with the boys on what to do while we were at the cancer benefit. Kelly and I knowing we would have to call them at 1:30 and tell them to put down the X-Box controls, get out of their pj's and get ready!
- Rick flipping out that Kelly took a pinch of sugar out of the bag. Apparently, people touching food grosses him out.
- Kelly & I finding the cutest flip flop coasters for the bottom of a goblet or wine glass (I had to buy one for me, Kelly and Anna).
- Kelly & I standing in line at the buffett and this old lady cutting in front of Kelly grabbing and almost dropping a bunch of grapes trying to pull 4 off for herself. Kelly and I laughing thinking what Rick would have done if that happened to him.
- Anna and I still being shocked by people's behavior.
- Having an hour to buy Rick a suit before we leave for the concert.
- The Men's Wearhouse - seriously its one of the top 5 people watching places Kelly and I have ever been.
- Pretty much all of the salesman and women at the Men's Wearhouse are weird, ours was Troy. (In his defense I think he was the least weird of all of them.) He was really happy when Kelly & I arrived, especially me. The only thing he liked about us was that we explained why Rick needed a suit. Up until we got there Rick was being cryptic as to why he needed a suit. His only answer to Troy's interogation was "I would just like a suit".
- Troy's sales pitch is to tell you he's going to find you a suit to "rock out in" - and then he uses this phrase every 2-5 minutes while you shop with him. Tad and Rick then used this new phrase the entire weekend. It became almost as popular as "Oh Snap". Only Tad and Rick had to modify the phrase by adding a line desccribing what you would rock out with - and it rhymed.
- Now, Kelly & I wouldn't let Rick & Tad buy a suit on their own because we were scared (based on previous fashion mishaps in their pasts) that they would end up buying a suit fit for a (excuse my language) P-I-M-P. I'm not kidding - I can get Tad's high school pictures. He shoppped at D.J's - and he's still proud of it. We instructed them to arrive at Men's Wearhouse and to do some shopping before we got there. They knew why we wouldn't let them purhcase a suit without us. Yet when Kelly & I arrived the suit these 3 men had so proudly chose for Rick was a gray pinstripe suit with alternating white and electric blue pinstripes and an electric blue shirt to make the pinstripes "pop" according to Troy. I am dead serious. Kelly and I had some work to do.
- The first thing we had to do was inform Troy that he had no fashion sense - nothing personal to Troy. He was very sweet and took a little while to wear down - but I think we were successful. We pretty much veto'd every suggestion, tip and opinion he had. He tried to discredit us to Rick behind our backs - he should have known this was pointless. Especially considering he (Troy) owns a pair of woven leather shoes he likes to "dress up" a pair of jeans with - and this guy is straight.
- The second thing we had to do was get Rick to stop looking at pinstripe suits - its like watching a moth to a flame with him and pinstripes.
- The suit Rick finally chose had pants about 8 sizes to big. Now when he came out of the dressing oom all of the Men's Wearhouse salemen said this suit fit the best (this should have been Rick's first clue). After Kelly and I made several comments, Troy tried to fix this by clipping the back of the pants for us to get an idea of the fit "post tailoring". The scary part was Rick doesn't remember Troy doing this. When Rick turned around to show us that the pants "looked good" they were pleated right down the middle of his rear (excuse my language again) it was like pleated butt crack pants. Kelly and I could not stop laughing.
- We had to go back today to see how the suit fit after it was tailored. Again it was really funny and scary at the same time. First off, there was a chick sitting beside me shopping with her hubby. She had a diamond the side of a baseball on her ring finger. Rick came out with pants so short that they flipped up everytime he took a step and you could see his socks AND the sleeves were too short on both arms but one was longer than the other. Rick , Troy and this scary sleazy saleman tried to tell us it looked good. Kelly, I and the chick beside me decided immediately it didn't. After 10 minutes (and some really scary woven shoes Troy talked Rick into trying on with the suit), Rick slowly started noticing the issues. To which I responded "that was so 2 minutes ago" and Troy finally started laughing with us! They are fixing the suit.
- The super sleazy sales guy (S.S.S.G) tried to strong arm the chick sitting beside me. He told her she didn't need to know her husbands shirt size because he would be handling all her husband's suit needs in the future. Can you believe this guy? She held her own though and gave it right back to him. Kelly and I were very proud. This S.S.S.G. told her he had already fitted her hubby's siut for tailoring - to which she looked at Rick, panicked and said well I don't want it to look like that guy (pointing at Rick). She wanted to look at ties and wasn't happy with their selection. I said I should go and tell her to shop to Macy's for ties - which apparently was really rude (but again Troy was laughing).
- I think Troy came around and really liked me. He better because I'll be the one picking up Rick's suit this week - and he doesn't want to see me upset. To be honest I'm not sure if he really wants to see me at all - he may hide when I go back.
2 comments:
It really was shocking. I wish you could have seen my face. We would have laughed a lot.
Kimberly: You were such a good sport at Lakewood!!!! Thank you for sharing the 311 experience with me!
Post a Comment