Monday, August 28, 2006

Crafty Ideas

OK - I promise to blog the concert from the other night. But I'm tired and don't have time to do it today. I do however have time to show you the cool crafty ideas I came up with last week. First of all we have spent 2 weekends with Rick & Kelly who have begun using my packing tip that I've ALWAYS done with the girls - and they can't stop saying how good they smell. That's because I pack dryer sheets with the girls clothes. That way they smell fresh all the time. People always comment that the girls smell so good when we are on trips - and that's why.

Second, BOTH of the girl's teachers at school had birthdays last week. Sarah-Grace's teacher is part owner of the school and Charlotte's teacher is our long time family friend (my mom's best friend and the mother of my best friend Courtney). SO, these birthdays had to be GREAT. First I collected money from the familes. I was able to give Ms. Katy $100 (even though only 8 people out of 22 really chipped in) and Ms. Joan $75 (everyone in her class participated). Don't let anyone tell you different - teachers LOVE cash (or in this case Visa gift cards) - there's nothing better. I made both teachers a chocolate mouse cake and I gave each teacher a flower arrangement.
Ms. Katy's was a"flower box" that I've been making. It was a black photo storage box (because she loves to take pictures) that I had bright fushia pink roses and lime green pom poms around the edge like a border. It was cute and she could either let the arrangement dry in the box as a keepsake or dump it out and use the box for storage. I would have taken a picture - but the camera's batteries were dead.
Ms. Joan's was this really cool Skittles & flowers arrangement (she loves Skittles). I took a large vase and put a smaller vase that was the same shape inside the large one. I then poured Skittles down in the space between the large vase and the smaller vase. Then I filled the small vase with flowers & water. This way she can eat the Skittles - once she takes the flowers out.






Then I made happy birthday flour sacks (i.e. dish towels) for BeBe & Vicky. These are really easy to make and really cute.

That's all the ideas from last week! Stay tuned for more throughout the year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do realize you're a freak right?

Anonymous said...

Do you ever make anything for Tad?