The truth is I've been pretty busy, Tad was out of town from last Thursday to early Monday morning and after a little more than 24 hours later he left again this morning for Seattle. He will be gone all week and will meet me in Hilton Head on Friday where we will have a weekend getaway with some family/friends. Yeah! Last week I had 2 root canals and a shower to go to and prepare for. Not to mention I am suppose to be composing/modifying a poem for an upcoming breast cancer benefit so what time I have had I haven't been able to blog. And Sarah-Grace starts school on MONDAY!
Anywho, I posted some of the highlights from last week and some pictures Kristen (thanks again!!) sent me from a get together a few weeks ago at Josh & Anna's house. Enjoy, not sure when I will update again.
- OK, first of all I MUST address the most important highlight from last week - the flippin Hills season finale. For those of you who missed it I am going to spoil the ending so if you don't want to know skip this bullet point. For the rest of you - AHHHHHH! I can't believe that the Lauren I liked so much, the Lauren I rooted for Stephen to pick, the Lauren I hated Kristen C. for, the Lauren I cried for (not really, but almost) when Stephen didn't chose her, the Lauren I continued to support when she dropped out of college and moved home from San Fransico with no real plans for life (and Kristen totally made fun of her at the Christmas party), the Lauren who I watched a high school reality soap opera for when I am almost 30 - yes THIS Lauren chose a skanky boy over a VOGUE INTERSHIP IN PARIS!!@! PARIS... PARIS, FRANCE!! VOGUE!! THE MAGAZINE, NOT "STRIKE A POSE" SILLY SONG...NO, VOGUE, THE ICON OF FASHION CULTURE! 2 MONTHS... COUTURE WEEK!! I can't take this. Have her standards sunk that low? Is her self confidence that bad? Does she have amnesia? I mean seriously! First of all, they will NEVER last. He is a SKANK. He will totally leave her if she doesn't catch him cheating on her first (which who are we kidding she wouldn't leave him over anyway - HE ALREADY DID THAT RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER WITH JESSICA). And second of all - if just IF this is "true love" it should be able to survive 8 weeks while she is having the most impoartant career opportunity of her LIFETIME. I'm sick over this. I think that I am actually going to have to do it. I have to turn my back on her. She's been in my life for a couple of years now, but I think this is just unforgivable. I can't help her if she doesn't help herself... and she obviously isn't helping herself right now. I can't support someone I care about when they are exhibiting such self destructive behavior. No, my only hope now is to get to know her little sister on the new Laguana Beach and hope I can root her onto a better road of choices and higher self confidence.
- Now onto Project Runway...YES!!! Kayne didn't get kicked off, instead he ratted out another player who had ...gasp...pattern books. And then he went on to help his buddy create the most HORRID outfit for INC. I think all the outfits pretty much sucked last week. Especially when I actually wear INC. Its the only private label I ever wore and voluntarily supported when I worked for Federated. Oh well, I still can't wait to see this week's show.
- Sarah-Grace was pretty funny last week. She first cracked me up when we were watching Oprah. There was a baby on the show last week born with "mermaid syndrom", the legs were fused together. Anyway, the whole show was about medical miracles and the doctors were able to cut her legs apart. Sarah-Grace kept asking why her legs were like that. Over and over again she would ask me and I would say because she was born that way. Finally she got really frustrated and said "why do you keep saying that she was born that way". And I said, "Because she was, that's how God made her". She said "oh" and I thought GREAT that's over. Then a minute later she said "Mommy, doesn't God have scissors?" She never ceases to amaze me.
- She cracked my mom and I up when she was chasing Charlotte around trying to give her a hug last week. Charlotte didn't want anything to do with her. She got so frustrated and finally said "Charlotte, I want to give you a hug. Now, why won't you let me hug you? DO you know how that makes me feel?" Something about a 4 year old trying to analyze her feelings with an 18 month old running full speed in the other direction is just funny.
- Oh yeah, and Sarah-Grace loves the "modern" version of the Parent Trap (which the "old" version was my favorite movie growing up). She has watched it so many times she knows the entire song played at the beginning of the movie. It's L-O-V-E by Wayne Newton. It is so funny to watch and listen to her sing it!
- Charlotte likes that song new weird song "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkly. I think she's trying to say crazy when it comes on and she dances in her car seat. Then when its over she says "again". I don't like the song, but I have to listen to it just to watch her.
Sweet baby Charlotte...


Sarah-Grace in the lap of luxury with Josh & Anna

Cheese head Charlotte

What's Up Charlotte

I LOVE this picture...its 3 of my favorite people...
1 comment:
Charlotte! What up dawg! Great pic!
Post a Comment