Happy New Year!! I know, I know it's been a while. Well, December was hectic but fun. We got through the closing of our old house, moving in with Julie & Elliott, the closing of our new house, 1 lingerie shower, 1 bridal luncheon, 2 weddings, 1 bowl game, Christmas, the flu, and moving out of Julie & Elliott's house and into our new house all in ONE MONTH!! We are exhausted. No, we are NOT unpacked and I'm not sure we will be anytime soon. Tad is so excited about our new house that he keeps inviting everyone over, thus delaying our unpacking. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE having people over, and let's face it I am a total procrastinator - so I'm usually in the background saying sure we can totally unpack tomorrow. But, seriously we have to buckle down and get it done.
Case in point, Saturday we had a list of what we were going to get done - I even put on my work clothes and painfully turned down a really cool shopping trip with Anna & Josh to the Whole Food Market. I decided we would just take a "quick" trip to the store to pick up a entertianment center for the keeping room before we got started on our "to do list". On the way we were talking to Dave & Court on the phone. Tad invited them over for dinner (way after we would have everything on our list done). But after we got off the phone Tad realized he would need a TV in the basement so he & Dave could play pool and watch TV. So we made a pit stop at Circuit City to get a TV, then we drove by the furniture store to find that they were out of the entertianment center. So, we just "stopped" by 2 more stores and an antique store, bought a baker's rack but still found no entertainment center. We came home, put the bakers rack in the kitchen, unpacked 2 boxes and then spent the rest of the day grocery shopping, making dinner and putting the tv up in the basement. And that's what we did, after the entire day was over I unpacked 2 BOXES!!!
At least we are enjoying our home, and I'm sure we will get things done this week. That's why tomorrow night we are having EVERYONE we know over to watch the football game. Well, maybe Tuesday....
1 comment:
I LOVE your house, Kimberly! Thanks so much for having us over and for helping with the invitations. Good luck unpacking this week!
Kristina
Post a Comment