Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Shopping in Seattle

I love this city!! It's so clean, and pretty, and busy and interesting..and clean. Honestly, I love it here!! I am sitting at my desk in the hotel room and in one window I can see the Puget Sound, the Space Needle and some incredible snow covered mountains (which Tad will be attempting to ski on tomorrow). I've walked more in the past 2 days than I have in a month. I ate a piece of the best pizza I have ever had at the Italian Specialty Food Shop at Pike Place Market this afternoon. I bought more of my FAVORITE cookies of all time at Three Girls Bakery in Pike Place Market (here they call them Chocolate Drops, up north they call them thumbprint cookies or black eyed susans). I only got hassled by 1 fish guy today. I spent an hour looking at vintage estate jewelry at this fabulous antique store - I LOVE old jewelry. I would so rather have a piece of vintage jewelry than anything new. I think that all the old colorful sapphires and diamonds they used to use are so rare and beautiful. I also LOVE vintage aprons. I always stop to look at them whenever I see them. I stopped by the old Bon Marche' flagship store which is now Macy's and it makes me want to puke. The store is beautiful and has so much history to have the ugly Macy's sign and nasty star logo down the side of it.

Yesterday I went to the Nordstrom Rack and got some great deals - they get all their stuff from the 7 story Nordstrom flagship store 2 blocks away. The shopping here is incredible - you name it, they have it. Even the department stores are amazing. Anyway, I'm enjoying my vacation and I think Tad is enjoying work. He won Sales Rep of the Quarter today. Everyone I meet here just gushes about him, so I think he likes it here too. Some of his co-workers we've known for years, either from other companies he's worked for or I've worked for so it's always nice to see and "reunite" with them. And some of the "new" co-workers that I've never met are just as sweet and friendly (and they read my blog - so I have to give a "shout out" to Erin - you are so sweet). I think it's pretty nuts that the weather here is nicer and warmer than in Atlanta. The past 2 days here have been gorgeous and in the high 40's low 50's. Oh, well. We'll be home in just a couple of days.

No comments: