Sunday, June 04, 2006

Just the Girls

This weekend the girls and I were solo, something we are becoming used to. Which is good because Tad will be traveling again this week. This weekend we tried a new waffle recipe, Sarah-Grace and I made Tyler Florence's "My Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies" and Ina Garten's "Iced Lemon Pouncake", we fixed some curtains in our living room, did some laundry, tried a new church and Sarah-Grace pitched the biggest fit EVER in Kohl's... so that rounded out our weekend. And by "fit" I mean she was SCREAMING at the top of her lungs saying she is mad at me while she sits in the floor and I am dragging her to the bathroom for a spanking and a discussion. For future reference, the bathroom at Kohl's is right by the service desk where there is a long line on a Sunday afternoon. Yeah, I'll be taking mother of the year applications from anyone shopping at Kohl's today.
Oh yes, and Saturday we went to Mary Elizabeth's 1st birthday fiesta. As usual Court had an amazing spread. There were sombreros, maracas, pinatas and even mini rubber duckies with sombreros & maracas (where does she find this stuff)!! The girls had so much fun...so much so that Sarah-Grace stayed a few hours by herself with "aunt" court and "uncle" dave while I ran Charlotte home for a nap. Sarah-Grace said on the way home that she is so lucky to be the big sister of 2 little girls (Charlotte & Mary Elizabeth). I even got a girl's night out scheduled while I was there, I can't wait!!
Anyway, Charlotte is really beginning to talk! This weekend she repeated almost everything. She is saying mama alot now...FINALY. And she really wants to be held...FINALY. She still is stubborn as all get out, but she's softening up. And that was the weekend with the girls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimberly - I SO love the blog!!! Even though we talk alot, it's so good for me to get to "keep up" with you and your sweet family like this! I'm just wondering where you find the time to do it!! But then, I know you and you always make things happen! Sounds like a great girly weekend - and don't give up on the "Mother of The Year" thing just yet...in fact, that trip to the bathroom just might have made you the hands-down favorite in the long run - and remember, times like that one are always and ultimately about "the long run" and "the big picture"...keep up the good work! You're great - love you tons!

kc

Kimberly said...

Thanks Kathy! I can always count on you for encouragement. I'm so glad to have you in my life. I love you too!

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to reading about you & your girls. We miss seeing you guys and I'm glad to see that you're doing well. Sounds like Charlotte is jabbering up a storm!

I have been contemplating starting my own blog so my out of town family can keep up with Audrey....I have been putting it off but I need to get started!!