Wednesday, June 28, 2006

With or Without You

I just got done looking at the first pictures of my friend Beth, her hubby Matt and the son they are in the process of adopting from Guatemala, Eli. This visit is a long time coming and I know its going to be SO hard for them to leave without him. I can't even imagine. The only feeling that I can liken it to is when we had to leave the hospital without Charlotte. That was the worst feeling in the world, especially because we had no set date of when she would be coming home. It felt like a giant weight in my chest that just overwhelmed me. And that isn't even close to what Beth is going through. At least Northside is only 45 minutes away and I could drive to see Charlotte and hold her during her "touch times". I LIVED for those minutes and I was crushed when they were over. I would get be so anxious every day until I saw her and then I would get this high while I was there, and when we left I just felt deflated and weighed down. Its hard to describe, but I will never forget that feeling. And seeing Beth in those pictures just reminds me of it. I am praying that Eli will come home soon, but I'm praying right now for Beth and her return from this trip.

No comments: