Thursday, June 01, 2006

My First Blog

OK, so since I have been "blog stalking" for a few months now (ever since I dicovered what a blog was) I decided I should start a blog of my own. Oh yeah, and "blog stalking" is a term I created when I first began reading other people's blogs because it felt wrong to be reading other people's blogs without their knowledge. It is a term I use often and my friends have begun using it too. I'm very proud of it. I'm thinking of submitting it to Stephen Colbert for the WORD segment (just kidding). Although I do feel a connection to Stephen since we have both successfully introduced a new term/word into our circle of friends' vernacular, granted his word (truthiness) was repeated by Oprah, a pinnacle to which I aspire to but not sure "blog stalking" will make it.
Anyway, I have never kept a diary in my life. Some parts I would rather forget, so I never kept one to remind myself of those parts. But now that I have children, I do think it is important to keep some written diary of the little idiosyncrasies of life with them. If not for them, for me later on when I can't rememer the little things they said and did. Everyone tells you when you have your first baby to write things down because you'll never remember and you roll your eyes at them. Then you have your first baby and low and behold, 8 months have gone by and you don't remember anything, especially life before them. SO, this blog is to help me remember.

I was very intimidated to create a blog. What would I write, what would I title it? So, the name I chose came from way back when Tad and I were getting a million suggestions for naming our first baby. My other mom, Jeannie, (she hates the term mother-in-law and I can't find a good one to replace it) tried making names from the letters of Tad's name and mine. The only 2 she came up with were Kate and Daily. So, daily came from her and grace is my grandma's name, my first child's name and my nickname most of my life because I am so clumsy. Plus, I like the name daily grace, cause Lord knows I use alot of His grace to get me through life. Anyway, I guess that's good for my first blog. To quote one of my favorite movies, Terms of Endearment, "I was really nervous but I think that went well, don't you?".

2 comments:

Josh said...

i think it went exceptionally well. nice job and welcome to our upside down world.

Tammy said...

Well done!!!! I know how you feel about the whole first blog thing... It still amazes me that people read mine other than my mom!!!! Now I can "stalk" you too - love the term, by the way!