Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sangria Summer '06

So I've decided I am on the search for the perfect sangria this summer. I know this will be a tough job, but somebody has to do it! I am collecting recipes, visiting restaurants, and will be having a sangria sampler party (for anyone who is interested). Last night was my "kick off". I sampled the "Berry Sangria" at Olive Garden. It was very sweet and very good. I would highly recommend it!
Charlotte really enjoyed dinner last night. She and Sarah-Grace had angel hair pasta with alfredo sauce. Charlotte has now developed the habit of picking up her plate and licking it when she particularly enjoys a dish. Tad thought it was funny and encouraged her to do it, I'm sure you can imagine what I thought Anyway, she was a sight. There was pasta in her diaper last night when we brought her home and changed her. We dicovered Sarah-Grace likes artichokes...thanks to her Aunt Tracee!!
Tori is really good with teaching Charlotte language. Charlotte is constantly repeating words Tori says. Tori got an animal book out last night and Charlotte said lion, roar, duck, quack, cow, moo. It's amazing, those two have a bond. The minute Tracee walked in she said Tracee's name, too.
Tracee took Sarah-Grace to the park today, I am so lucky to have such great sisters who are great aunts too!! Apparently Tracee and her crew (she babysits 3 children!!) walked 2 miles at the park. After Tracee took Sarah-Grace back to the house Sarah-Grace asked to lay down. I don't think it dawned on Tracee that 2 miles is a lot for a 4 year old. But Sarah-Grace didn't mind a bit. She keeps recounting every single minute she spent with them today. She had a blast!
Oh, well. We're off to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sangria? you're going to hell.

Anonymous said...

no, i say, sangria party, count me in!

Anonymous said...

i put my thoughts on our house church experience up. would love your feedback.