Thursday, June 15, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend Pictures

Tad's cousin, Kim, sent me these pictures from Memorial Day weekend. So, since I don't scrapbook, I thought I would "blogbook" (I know this term isn't as cool as "blog stalking", but it could work). Anyway I hope you enjoy.

So, we spend every holiday during the summer at Tad's uncle Tommy's place on Clarks Hill lake. The lake's name was changed to Thurmond lake but nobody likes that name and people just keep calling it Clarks Hill. Anywho, up until a few months ago the lake place was a beautiful lot with a 1950's single wide trailer on it. It was originally owned by Tommy's father- in-law and sometime after he past away, Tommy bought it. We could crowd the 20-35 of the Thompson family members in it each summer holiday. Tommy and his wife Connie have decided to move there and so they purchased a new (90's) trailer, and it is a double (and a half) wide trailer. It is beautiful. Connie's son does custom wood floors and he's floored most of the "new" trailer. We keep saying it will be the nicest trailer house ever! I'll post pictures of it after 4th of July.

Jeannie bought the coolest new float. It's huge, round, can fit 4 adults comfortably and in the middle is a rectangular opening with a mesh bottom so the babies can sit and play in the water while the moms catch some rays. Charlotte is the perfect boat baby. These pictures are of her on the float and in the pack-n-play on the boat. Everytime we would stuff her into her "wet suit lifejacket" a.k.a the six pack suit, and put her on the float she would pass out. I don't mean take a nap, no I mean drooling, snoring, stiff as a board (which could be attributed to her six pack suit) pass out. She would sleep there as long as we could stand the sun! We eventually put her in the pack-n-play on the boat to move her to a more comfortable bed in the shade. I think the rocking of the water is what gets her. I'm just so hapy she loves the lake.





















































Sarah-Grace has been taking swimming lessons and so she is a fish in the water now. The 2 pictures of her are she and Heather (her cousin and Kim's daughter) in the lake and she and Madison (her cousin) by the cars outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love your hats. And of course your family. Sarah Grace really is a fish!